The Library provides a variety of instructional services to assist YTI students, faculty, and staff in locating, assessing, and using information for research and lifelong learning.
Services for Faculty/Staff
The Library staff provides instruction to faculty and staff to support training, the curriculum, and personal use. Some examples of library instruction areas include:
- How to perform advanced searches in electronic information resources like the Internet or the library's various databases
- Integrating information literacy competencies into an individual assignment, a course, or a curriculum
- How to use the online catalog (Koha) to find and request books and videos
- Finding and selecting quality course textbooks
- Finding and selecting quality audio-visual resources
- Pre-generating lists of quality information resources to support specific course assignments
Alternatively, if you would like the library to design and deliver a presentation or handout to your course, visit the LRC Desk or email email@example.com.
Services For Students
The Library provides instruction and research assistance to students on a drop-in or appointment basis. We will also provide instruction and research assistance during library hours by phone - Contact Us. Reference questions for the library staff can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.