Get the Skills to Begin a Career as a Veterinary Technician in as few as 20 Months
Your love of animals can become your career! YTI's Veterinary Technician program graduates will be proficient in animal anatomy and physiology, nutrition, breeding, husbandry, sanitation, behavior, handling, nursing, euthanasia, and necropsy for various animal species. These skills will prepare you for employment as a veterinary technician in veterinary practices, universities, research facilities, pharmaceutical companies, zoos, or other areas where the skills of a vet technician are needed.
- 100% online for lecture and lab
- Degree: Associate in Specialized Technology
- Veterinary Technician National Exam test prep – first test fee cost included!
- Two Clinical experiences performed at an approved site near you for hands on essential skills
- Total cost $34,552 (Includes: Tuition, Laptop, eBooks/books, tools, materials, uniforms, and student fees)
- Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. Our team will work with you to determine what you’re eligible for and how to pay for school.
Veterinary Technician Program Mission Statement: The mission of the Veterinary Technician program at YTI Career Institute - York is to prepare entry-level veterinary technicians using didactic and experiential hands-on training. The program focuses on integrity, teamwork, professionalism, critical thinking and core competency completion, which prepares graduates for a successful career in the veterinary industry.
Accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association - Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (AVMA-CVTEA)
As required by the AVMA-CVTEA, YTI Career Institute York's three-year pass rate on the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE) is as follows:
From July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2021
Number of first-time candidates that have taken the VTNE: 147
Three-year VTNE pass percentage: 62.58%
Individuals applying for a State Certified Veterinary Technician license must first pass the American Association of Veterinary State Boards Veterinary Technician National Examination. Graduation from the YTI Veterinary Technician program qualifies students to take this exam and your first exam attempt is covered in the cost of the program.
How/When to Apply
We start new sessions on a regular basis.
Next Start Date: March 21, 2022
At YTI Career Institute, we're making it easier than ever for you to enroll using our automated application portal. Upload your documents and start the financial aid process without the hassle of drawn-out application processes. And our admissions staff is still available to help you every step of the way. Taking control of your career just got easier!
- The Veterinary Technician program is offered in a hybrid format with instruction and simulated labs occurring 100% online
- Students will complete a clinical externship experience at a veterinary hospital of their choosing
Veterinary Anatomy & Physiology I
Introduction to Veterinary Technology
Computers in Healthcare
Career Success Seminar
Communications in Healthcare
Animal Husbandry & Breeds
Fundamentals of Chemistry
Mathematics for Allied Health
Veterinary Anatomy & Physiology II
Veterinary Microbiology & Immunology
Veterinary Office Management
Veterinary Nursing Techniques I
Veterinary Hematology & Urinalysis
Animal Health & Diseases
Veterinary Nursing Techniques II
Laboratory Animal Science I
Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
Large Animal Practicum
Introduction to Psychology
Veterinary Surgical Procedures
Laboratory Animal Science II
Clinical Externship I
Clinical Externship II