Expanded Function Dental Assisting
Train to become an Expanded Function Dental Assistant in as few as 5 Months
Enrollment for the Expanded Function Dental Assistant program has been paused. Please complete our Request for Information form to be informed of our next start date.
As a vital link between patient and doctor, the Expanded Function Dental Assistant is responsible for many technical duties such as, placing restorations, sealants, coronal polishing and fluoride application.
- Program Length: 5 months
- Total Program Hours: 200
- Quarter Credit Hours: 9
- Credential: Diploma
- Career opportunities: General Dentistry, Pediatric dentistry, etc.
*Students requesting admission to the Expanded Function Dental Assisting program must submit the following:
- a verification letter from employer stating that they have worked as a chairside assistant for a minimum of 2 years
- Proof of RHS certification from DANB
- Current CPR
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS
This program at YTI Career Institute is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry and qualifies graduates to apply to take the PA EFDA certification exam.
- Lecture and didactic is delivered 100% online, labs are scheduled on campus every other week
- Lab times: Wednesday and Thursday night 5:30pm to 9:30 pm; Friday 8am – 5pm ; Saturday, 8am – 5pm