Train to become an Expanded Function Dental Assistant in as few as 5 Months
As a vital link between patient and doctor, the Expanded Function Dental Assistant is responsible for many technical duties such as, placing restorations, sealants, coronal polishing and fluoride application.
- Program Length: 5 months
- Total Program Hours: 200
- Quarter Credit Hours: 9
- Credential: Diploma
- Career opportunities: General Dentistry, Orthodontics, etc.
*Students requesting admission to the Expanded Function Dental Assisting program must submit the following:
- a verification letter from employer stating that they have worked as a chairside assistant for a minimum of 2 years
- proof of current CDA certification
- Current CPR
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS
This program at YTI Career Institute is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Dentistry and qualifies graduates to apply to take the PA EFDA certification exam.
How/When to Apply
We start new sessions on a regular basis.
Next Start Date: January 8, 2024
At YTI Career Institute, we're making it easier than ever for you to enroll using our automated application portal. Upload your documents and start the financial aid process without the hassle of drawn-out application processes. And our admissions staff is still available to help you every step of the way. Taking control of your career just got easier!
- Lecture is delivered online in an asynchronous environment. Students come onsite for labs biweekly to learn and practice hands-on skills
- Lab times: Wednesday & Thursday night 5:30-9:30pm Friday, 8am-4pm OR Saturday, 8am-4pm