YTI Career Institute's (YTI) Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) program can be completed in as few as 20 months. This program is offered fully online through the York, PA campus and graduates from the program earn an Associate in Specialized Technology degree.
There are several ways you can use your CADD degree in the career field. Some of them include:
- Job Description: Prepare detailed working diagrams of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information1.
- Engineering technology
- Understand mathematics
- Knowledge in computers and Electronics
- Job Description: Perform a variety of support duties to ensure the safe and proper construction of buildings and other structures3.
- Knowledge in basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Prepare forms and documents through established procedures
- Interpret blueprints and sketches
- Job Description: Prepare wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, and layout drawings used for the manufacture, installation, or repair of electrical equipment5.
- Conceptualize a device or machine and create blueprints before building
- Have a strong background in computers
- Job Description: Design, develop, and supervise the construction of new buildings and bridges, or extensions to existing properties or other structures7.
- Create digital blueprints and construction projects
- Work with engineers, project architects, and project managers
- Ensure the finished project is structurally sound, functional, and safe
- Work on tunnels, bridges, and ships
- Job Description: Prepare topographical maps used in construction and civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, and flood-control projects9.
- Aid in civil engineering projects like bridges, dams, waterways, and highways
- Draw relief or topographical maps of terrain for construction
- Create reports detailing analyses of the researched area
The Computer Aided Drafting and Design program at YTI can open many opportunities for different fields of employment after graduation. To learn more about the program, visit the program description page. If you're ready to get started, sign up through our online application portal.