Get the Skills You Need to Start a Career in Health Information Management in as few as 20 Months!
If you want to work in the healthcare field without patient contact, YTI Career Institute's Health Information Management program could be the perfect fit for you! Our program teaches the administrative skills needed to secure a variety of positions in the healthcare setting. You can learn diagnostic and procedural coding, reimbursement and revenue cycle management, use of electronic health records, medical law and ethics, managing health data, communications, and statistics, and more. YTI's education and training prepares graduates to become a Health Information Management Technician!
- 100% online
- Degree: Associate in Specialized Technology
- Upon successful completion of the program graduates may sit for the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) credentialing exam.
- This program offers a capstone course where in your final term you will complete sixty hours of Professional Practice Experience (PPE) work in a medical facility with a mentor.
- Total cost $25,995 (Includes: Tuition, electronic device, eBooks/books, tools, materials, and student fees)
- Tuition per credit hour: $213
- Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. Our team will work with you to determine what you’re eligible for and how to pay for school.
How/When to Apply
We start new sessions on a regular basis.
Next Start Date: August 15, 2022
At YTI Career Institute, we're making it easier than ever for you to enroll using our automated application portal. Upload your documents and start the financial aid process without the hassle of drawn-out application processes. And our admissions staff is still available to help you every step of the way. Taking control of your career just got easier!
- Classes are 100% online, to be completed on your own schedule - with assignment deadlines being met
- You'll need to reserve 25-30 hours per week for educational activities and study
- First week includes acclimation to the systems and laptop
Introduction to Health Information Management
Anatomy and Physiology
Student Success Seminar
Basic Computer Fundamentals
Health Information Systems
Introduction to Psychology
Human Relations in Health Care Organizations
Coding and Classification Systems I
Health Data Management
Legal Aspects of Health Information
CPT/ HCPCS Coding I
Coding and Classification Systems II
Healthcare Quality Improvement
Foundations of Revenue Cycle
CPT/ HCPCS Coding II
Introduction to Management and Leadership
Student chooses ONE of the following specializations:
Revenue Cycle Specialization Course
Data Analysis Specialization Course