The Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) program at YTI Career Institute-York (YTI) takes only 20 months to complete and is offered 100% online. Graduates earn an associate degree in specialized technology and receive training in AutoCAD, Revit, SolidWorks, and more.
While enrolled in the CADD program, students will learn important skills that will help them in their careers after graduation. Some of these include:
- How to use AutoCAD software
- How to draw residential layouts and commercial buildings
- How to prepare working drawings of mechanical parts
- How to draw subdivisions for residential communities
- How to use SolidWorks software to create 3D models
- Utilizing 3D printing in conjunction with SolidWorks
CADD Technicians in the field can have many different types of tasks to accomplish as well as projects to manage and duties to complete (these may vary based on requirements for different positions). Some duties may include:
- Follow detailed instruction and diagrams to modify or create drawings
- Produce plans, technical details, elevations, and building layouts
- Plan and draw details of highways, bridges, and waste water management systems
- Go on site visits
- Work with engineers, architects, building services, and other construction workers in producing drawings and plans
- Have knowledge of certain software programs
If you're interested in learning more about the CADD program offered at YTI, check out the program description page which lists information such as tuition cost, scheduling, course listings, and more. If you're ready to get started, got to the online application portal to apply.